My days are mostly made of:
- Writing articles. It’s about writing punch lines to express ideas, be convincing and gentle, etc… #Fun
- Reading about neuroscience. It’s about learning more about human brain, how it works, etc… #Fun
- Reading about machine learning (ML). It’s about understanding how much you can learn from any kind of data #Fun
- Scripting Python codes for analyzing data or visualizing results. It’s about finding latent patterns in my data and representing them with awesome figures in order to optimally impress other researchers #So. Freaking. Fun.
- Scripting code to learn more about ML algorithms. It’s about getting your hands dirty by downloading datasets and try to find a well-fitted model for each #Fun
- Listen to ML podcast, watching ML videos. It’s about listening to great people who really know what they are talking about. Most of them are very interesting and inspiring #Fun
- Following ML and neuroscience updates on Twitter and retweeting some. It’s about knowing what’s happening in the world of ML and sciences and sharing it #Fun
However, I have to admit that I stay in front of a screen almost 9 hours a day, that I am pressured by deadlines, my supervisor, my goals, etc…, that I don’t have that much time for other hobbies, that I’m not that much socially active within my working hours despite working in a shared office 😀
But this is freaking awesome. I love it. I freaking love it. I am having so much fun everyday. Some days, I just don’t want to leave my office.